- A database of formation-top elevations is in preparation. This database is being compiled from evaluation and comparison of information in
- the Geological Survey Program’s lithologic logs and geophysical logs databases,
- the Minerals and Mining Program’s oil and gas database and the paper files in the Rapid City office, and
- databases developed by the Water Rights Program containing information on water-right permits and well-completion reports.
- Work is ongoing to ensure that information is consistent for records, or parts of records, that exist in multiple sources. Discrepancies between the various sources of information will be tracked, reconciled, and updated. This is essential for purposes of internal consistency and dissemination of information to the public.
- Work is ongoing to
organize and scan the Board Order files related to South Dakota's oil and gas industry. These files will be made available online.
- Maps of surface geology at a scale of 1:250,000 are being completed and will be published for areas in South Dakota west of the Missouri River to include all, or parts, of the following 1 degree x 2 degree quadrangles: Hot Springs, Huron, McIntosh, Martin, Mitchell, Pierre, and Rapid City. These maps will be available in Adobe PDF and GIS formats.
- South Dakota's Oil and Gas Map-Based Data Source has been made available online for browsing and acquiring information relevant to oil and gas resources in South Dakota. This portal for viewing and acquiring information is still under development but access to needed information is being provided now.